Monday, July 5, 2010

Kites.......

Adapted from a malayalam film "Thaniyaavartanam" written by the great script-writer, Late Shri. Lohitadas.

Pin-drop silence is the class........... Professor Bandopadhyay had started his story. He had drawn a boy flying a kite. Slowly he started narrating.

The boy was flying his kite. The Kite rose through the smooth wind, above the banyan trees and slowly towards the open blue sky. The boy maneuvered the kite and sent it steadily upwards. On the way up, an Eagle saw the kite flying so high. Curious and surprised at a kite flying so high, he asked the kite, "How come you are flying so high"? The Kite now a little pleased with himself replied, " My aim is to fly to the moon". The Eagle said, " Good, then go ahead". The Kite said, " But you see this thread on my tail, it is controlled by the boy on the ground. He pulls me and keeps me in tension. I wish somebody could free me of this bondage". The Eagle said, " I can help you" and it cut off the thread with his talons. Without any restraining supports the kite started to flutter and started its downward descent. Finally it landed in to a quagmire and sinked slowly into it. The boy followed its descent and seeing its fate started crying.

The girl with the black bindi spoke, " The kite deserves its fate, such an arrogance".

Professor Bandopadhyay spoke softly, "Children, I encourage you all to dream high, become great achievers, I and your other teachers and parents will guide you and show you the way. But never consider our love as a bondage. It would really hurt us to see you come down. Our desire is to see you all succeed."

Salty water droplets blotted the text in Kishore's diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment