Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ustaad

Note: I have read this story in my 12th standard English textbook. Narrating it here again.....

Subhan-allah...... Akbar said after listening to the latest composition by Tansen. Allah has given you a great voice Tansen.
Sukriyaah.... Aalam-panaah.
Who is your Ustaad, Tansen.....I am eager to meet him. Please arrange for him to meet me.
Gustaaki maaf ho Aalam-panaah, he lives in the high ranges of the himalyas..... he does not go anywhere, we have to travel to him.
So be it, I want to meet him and listen to him, Akbar said.
Jo Hukumm.....
So they travelled up the high ranges and across the difficult terrain, and after 2 weeks of travelling they reached the foot-steps of the cave where the Ustaad resided.
Aalam-panaah, its close to dawn, we can listen him in his morning saadhana....
And then the raaga started to flow, Akbar stood there stunned by the depth of the raaga that flowed and echoed through the mountains.... Eyes moist with the heart-touching music that flowed from Ustaad's throat.
Subhan-allah.... your Ustaad is amazing, he sings 100 times better than you, why cant you sing like that ???
Tansen bowed his head and said, Aalam-panaah, I sing for you........, My Ustaad sings for HIM.....

No comments:

Post a Comment